Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Whole New ME

Can you believe it?! I am doing it. Amid the firestorm that is my life, I decided to attempt to create some sort of structure of my daily food struggles, thoughts and time management (or lack there of)- perhaps it will help me organize and prioritize (a sense of strategy if you will).

So, in case you are wondering- I am going to document my gluten-free process (and through the eyes of Sadielicious, if you are REALLY lucky). Dealing with my inability to process most foods has been quite a challenge. With the support of my husband, the Cowboy, Sadielicious, and a select group of fabulous friends, I am reinventing myself: "A WHOLE NEW ME!" Tomorrow, per J's suggestion, maybe it is as simple as "ohming it out."

Tonight I was at Mozarelli's (on 23rd between Park and 5th), my second favorite pizza place (the first being in my own kitchen!!!)- not to digress, but my husband, Cowboy, is an AMAZING chef and has mastered the art of amazing gluten-free pizza. Anyhow, the workers in the restaurant threw away the remaining gluten-free slices (*gasp!!!***), and two befuddled girls looked crestfallen as they asked where could they possibly go eat now?! I know this is New York City, "the center of the universe" (RENT quote), but sadly quick meal options for "glutards," like myself, are always a struggle. As I ran through a litany of suitable places to enjoy a semi-hearty meal, they mentioned that perhaps I could keep a sort of online journal (or a blog!) for others in our predicament.

At that moment, I realized that my new calling was for me to share all of my infinite wisdom with the world! And finally I will have a platform where NO ONE can interrupt, or make fun of me, Barney! So, welcome to Say-D-Licious- or Say-Delicious, depending on where you are from.

1 comment:

  1. Wow J- you are a blogger too! We are SO 21 century, haha. XOXOX

    ReplyDelete