Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Delinquent Me...

Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned. It has been over a week since my last post.

The other day, I came home to a delicious smell in the hallway: Cowboy made me almost a dozen bagels! They were actually REALLY great- almost as good as the poisonous bagels... There is a special mix that we use called Gluten-Free Pantry. Although the mix is pretty basic tapioca, he throws in different spices and seasonings. That mix also serves as the crust for my pizza!

Yesterday, auditions were going on, and he had to run upstairs and eat in secret, so as to avoid having to share my gluten-free bagels with the rest of the crew! I know that one might think that is miserly, but I can't eat the poison that the masses can... Maybe I should be atoning for that- perhaps a trip back to Kindergarten to learn that "sharing is caring."

On another note, I was in South Jersey last weekend. My favorite fast-food joint is WaWa, as they have great salads on the go. Or at least they did. Imagine my dismay to discover that they discontinued the "build your own salad," and my cherry, walnut and chicken salad is to be made no more. Now, the only gluten-free salad option is a Garden Salad! I hardly think it is fair for glutards, such as myself, to be forced to eat less-satisfying foods. How can I be a "foodie" while eating Garden Salads?!?!?!?!?

I must admit that I have been dreaming about the amazing spaghetti and meatballs that my mother made. Maybe that is what I need to eat for dinner...

No comments:

Post a Comment